Friday, June 5, 2009

I Am The Go To There

Ahem.

Most heroes don't always have the best of starts nor the best of lodgings/accomodation especially as he prepares to embark on a long perilous journey into the lands of the unknown.

He may have to camp out in the wilderness, under constant threat from foul beasts, or perhaps in a deep, dark, dank cave where darkness consumed all. Or maybe even in swampy, god-forsaken marshlands where its bogs swallowed all who tread on it.

Today, my journey starts with the simple click of the mouse and the tip tappity tap of the keyboard keys.

America~~~~~~~~ (Thank you so much, JPA!)

Days later, the related documents and all other necessary paperwork soon came in the mail.

Oooh. Intec College, aye?

After much leafing through the SHITLOAD of documents that came in the mail, I finally deduced 2 things:

1. I'm not going to be studying college in Kuching
2. Imma going to America!!

Cue my father walking in. And so he said, "So, where ya gonna stay when your in KL? I mean, the preparatory college is like there and there blahblahblahblahyaddayaddayadda and hostel flats are not gonna be like home blahblahblahblah comfortable and all that. "

Total. Buzzkill.

Kolej Cendana, Seksyen 6, Shah Alam, Selangor was to be my home for the next 2 years of attending preparatory classes in KL. I could only pray that its facilities weren't stuck back in the 80's like Bhalludin's haircut.

As I skimmed the pages for even a brief mention of how the hostels were going to be like, I already had this image dancing in my mind:

Lush, tropical greenery would adorn my 5-star hostel apartments~~~~

Woah. Scale it back. You're in rich bratty kid mode now. What would common peasants live in whilst studying abroad? The sane voice in my mind spoke to me.

And so I closed my eyes once more and envisioned this:


Hmph. Fair enough. At least it would be livable for the next 2 years, right?

Thank goodness I don't have to live in pig-stys (read: I hope) like those poor, imporvished people in the world right?

After much more googling about for my supposed hostel. I came across this site.

Holeee. Sheeeetttttttttt.



A happy, nerdy Nat is a happy, nerdy Nat.

=3

No comments: