Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Damai Puri Memoirs (What Really Happened)

Okay, so Bryan Kho might have posted up his version of our escapades to Damai Puri, but rest assure that most of what he said were lies!

Pure blasphemy, I tell you! His lies make even politicians bow in shame.

So, in response to this post, I present to you my version 100% free of lies.

Here's how the whole trip went along as I recalled, since I am the only sensible one in that group of three. (Evidence: I got them back alive, right?)

Since it's probably the last time Jeff, Bk and I will be able to do something stupid together, I decided to organize a trip to Damai Puri as a memorable get-together before we all part ways.


Last Sunday, I hauled both of their asses over to my place before heading out to the Countryside Market and the Spring to get our 'rations' and Jeff's swimming goggles. (And a pair of swimming trunks if we knew how short his was. Now I have nightmares)

And........off we go!

The kissy face pic you saw on Bk's blog? His 'camwhore complex' desires kicking in.

This picture has Bryan Kho written all over it

We finally left Kuching at around 2 o'clock NOT because of my slow driving around town buying our stuff. But because of a little inconvenience at home involving a printer and stupid pendrive. Screw technology.

Trust Bk to put the blame on me, every damn time. XD

The journey there was quite uneventful save for the random headbanging to techno music and bad karaoke singing to the radio.

As a result, Bk suffered severe emotional and mental trauma. Poor boy.

I'm in a happy place.......think purple dinosaurs and cute, fluffy bunnies =D

Finally arrived at Damai Puri formerly known as Damai Lagoon at 3 pm. Jeff's weight and Bk's big bag of make-up didn't help the car go uphill any faster though.

Damai Pureeeeeeeeee~~~~~

First thing that shot across my mind upon arrival was, "Holy shit, there's a lot of people here!" Then again, it was no surprise. It was a public holiday on Monday after all. So, that meant a 3 day weekend to spend at Damai Puri which most people did. XD


After like half an hour of queing up and waiting, I finally managed to check us in while Bk and Jeff sat around like the lazy pigs they were, letting me do all the work. Sigh. XD XD

The two lazy pigs doing what they do best....

Jeff's just there to flirt with them gals...like the pervert he is. XD

Upon settling our room deposits and what not, we were finally showed to our room. Unfortunately for us, I did the bookings rather late because of the clashing schedules and because of that, we wound up in a room at the far edge of the resort. Go figure.

Trudging our sorry asses over to the room....Good workout though XD

Finally, we arrived at a quaint, cozy little door that was Room 1103. That was gonna be our crib for the next two days.


The room itself wasn't all that bad. It was clean, cozy with a soothing ambiance although it could have come with a bath tub and lots more decorations. The bathroom was rather sparse but usable.

The RM 600 we paid for was a wee bit too much tho

In addition, the seaside view room we booked didn't quite look over the cerulean waters of the South China Sea though. Instead, it was a freakin' waterless waterfall that we faced. Bummer.

Fear not, for I have come prepared! I decided to bring Soni along cause she can always cheer guys up without fail. So what if she's old? She's still my Soni right?

Soni has inferiority complex all 'cause of Soni PS3

But on the bright side, we had a friggin' 32 inch LCD telly just begging for us to play it. If you know what I mean. Hehe.

Size does matter. If you know what I mean.

After countless hours of toying around and figuring out how to work the telly, I finally discovered the hidden AV/TV input to plug my PS2 into. No thanks to those two of course. Especially Bk, who takes all the credit for himself.

Up and operational...at last! Joy~~

So, after fooling around the room a little bit, we decided that it was cool enough to take a dip in the swimming pool.


Wrong decision. After changing into our swimming trunks, I had to wash my eyes out with bleach and grate my eyes with cheese graters when I saw Jeff's swimming uhh....thong? Oh boy, cannot sleep for nights to come, sure wan.

Sad to say, Bk was further traumatized by the sight and it took two strippers and a whole bottle load of 'happy' pills to cheer him up. Thanks, Jeff.

After swimming with imaginary dolphins, hitting on cute foreigners, and baring our perfect bods for the whole world to see, our stomachs decided that it was dinner time.

So, we headed back to our rooms after a good swim to feast on our measly ta pau dinner whilst Jeff waited eagerly for the All England badminton match. Pshhh, you'd think he supported Malaysia but noooo, it had to be China instead. So the patriotic hor.....

Jeff claims his lucky swimming thong to be Lin Dan's success

Rather than sit around waiting for Chong Wei to lose, (what? It's a fact liaw la) Bk and I decided that we rather celebrate Malaysia's loss by taking a walk around the resort and cam whore for the heck of it.

Ooo. Pwetty.

Pwetty lights....

Having finally scared the spirits from the nearby forests with all our flash photography, we wandered around a bit more before stumbling across this small, little bar.


Like the responsible, under-aged adult I was, I headed in and saw a pool table. Whee! We paid the RM3 for a game, and showed off our mad pool skillzz as well as our epic-failness in trying to be a pai kia.



And so, after a long day of fun-filled madness, we could feel the exhaustion of it all finally take a toll on us. So, we retired to our rooms for a good night's rest.

Thank goodness I wore extra layers of underwear for added protection. There's been a bad case of sleepmolesting running rampant around lately. Especially when the three of us had to squeeze onto one bed. XD

No comments: