Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sabah.....Land Below The Wind.... (Part 1)

21st of July. 10 p.m. The plane I sat in touched down at Kota Kinabalu International Airport. Upon entering the terminal, the first thing I noticed was the diversity of the tourist that visited this popular vacation spot.

As I stepped out of the airport, the salty air of Kota Kinabalu met my nostrils. It was by far a pleasant change from the exhaust-laden air of Sarawak.

Outside, was a taxi ready to greet us; courtesy of my father who was is in KK for work, and we headed off to our hotel. Le Meridien they call it.

Apparently, some love-drunk French stepped foot onto KK and decided to build a hotel for himself. Thus, naming it Le Meridien.


Nothing French about this hotel at all. Oui?


My family and I checked in and a wonderful sight greeted our eyes. The lobbies were dazzlingly decorated, wide and spacious. However, it was nothing compared to the room though.


Fooled you into thinking it was my room, no?


My father managed to pull some strings and got us a wonderful room overlooking the South China Sea. Oh My Gawd. Sunrise had never been so beautiful. The way the Sun reflects its rays off the pristine, blue seas was sensational!


The stereotypical view of any hotel in KK (Damai has nothing on this) XD


Early next morning, I departed the hotel to visit some famous landmarks in KK. Our first stop was the Clocktower Observation Point located on the outskirts of town. Apparently, it gives tourists a chance to witness for themselves the entire city.

The highway was built parallel to the cerulean seas. Me, like the sakai person that I was, exclaimed excitedly at the sight in front of me. Along the way, I could see various families having a picnic on its sandy beachside. Some, even swimming in the seas.


Makes you wanna just strip and throw yourself into the sea, butt-naked


The way to the top of the hill was steep and filled with countless twists and turns. To my utter surprise, those crazy Caucasians decided against taking a taxi up there but hiking the path up themselves. What surprised me was the fact that they were in their late 60's. Jiayuuu!!!


I'm on the top of the world, literally speaking


That's all I have time for now. Expect to have another entry soon about my exploits and misadventures in the Land Below The Wind; Sabah. Poor Sabahans didn't see it coming.

No comments: