Monday, August 3, 2009

Misery Loves Company

So picture this scenario: what once used to be an empty and rather lifeless common room in my apartment unit is now a battlefield of some sort.

Gunfire can be heard ringing out loud and clear amidst the frenzied shouting of orders and commands. Throw in a generous helping of profanities spewed forth by none other than our resident William Chai and yeah, you get the picture......

Coupled with the fact that he had recently brought his laptop all the way to Shah Alam with Counter Strike: Source already booted up and running, and you have a recipe for disaster. The fact that another roommate of mine, Kevin had recently acquired his new laptop is not helping matters much.

Caught in the crossfire of their wrath whilst they frag Counter Strike bots to kingdom come is none other than poor old me.

Every night while I lay in bed, the sounds of their ensuing firefights as well as their mandatory battle cries and jubilant victory chants drift over into the sanctity of the bedroom, disrupting what could be a good night's sleep.

And this goes on well into the wee hours of the morning. I knew I asked for roommates who game as well as I do, but in retrospect, I guess you should be afraid of what you wish for.

Sigh...........

No comments: