Friday, August 24, 2007

Badminton Competition Bonanza

Yep, it's that time of the year again. When badminton is the 'in' thing amongst the students of SMK Batu Lintang. When the cries of 'SMASH! DROP! NETTING! PLACING! DEUCE! SERVICE OVER!' linger about in the air.

This morning, the 24th of August marked the beginning of SMK Batu Lintang's Intra-School Badminton Competition. Taking place at the ever-popular Winner's Court, the place was swamped with dozens of hopefuls looking to emerge victorious in their upcoming matches.

I, too, was not left out. In fact, only reluctantly did I join when my friend, Jason John decided to partner me in the Boys Doubles Under 20 category.

Unfortunately, Lady Luck was again, not on my side as we faced "Lin Dan look-a-like Lai Wei Yei" and his partner, Lawrence "I'm as tall as Yao Ming' Lee in our first match-up. Now, I quote Kenny Sia; "KKNCCB!!!!!" >=(


This is how Wei Yei supposedly looks like on the opposite side of the court


As for Lawrence Lee................*shudders*

Reference nia marrrr.........

In the end, we cut the match rather close. Ended up having a rubber set and losing graciously, I must say.

The scoreboard was: 14-21, 21-17, 16-21.

And to think, I could have gotten this far even after going on hiatus from badminton for 6 months and also, with the help of my partner, Jason John.

Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk. Now, I'm just gonna drown my sorrows by eating.............


Yep, you guessed it.....


ICE-CREAM!!!!!

1 comment:

Amelia Yvonne said...

hey, wei yei does look like that when he's doing that 'eager-to-get-to-the-shot' face. haha. and i was umpiring another boy's singles so I FRIGGIN MISSED YOUR MATCH! ugh. how great it is to be umpiring your match eh? ahhh!