Sunday, May 2, 2010

No Pain, No Gain..



Spring Semester....

So much to say, so much to do, so where do I start?

Well, I would think that the cliche title did a good job in summarizing Spring Sem. The whole 4-month long semester was a whirlwind of assignments, sleepless nights and gratuitous awesomeness.

To go into further detail regarding Spring Semester, I can safely say that it basically entails all the usual academic fare one would come to expect of in college.

You have your usual lectures in the lecture theaters...


....near-fatal lab sessions in the chemistry lab...


...and amusing presentations for our Speech Communication classes.

Hobart ties the knot with a tie (pun intended)

Not forgetting those countless books that one needs to pore through for one's assignments and exams....


....and of course, the mental exhaustion and fatigue that soon follows from pulling all-nighters.




However, don't let the pictures fool you into thinking that college life revolves around a mundane and repetitive timetable (although it sometimes does) when it is in fact, quite the opposite!

For starters, college, especially Spring Sem, was packed with uber awesome, orgasmic food-fests! (P.S: The food in Shah Alam didn't help matters much)





Pictures above do not accurately depict Shah Alam's wonderful delicacies

Pictures above are courtesy of those ivy-league-universities-bound students who so generously chia us intellectually-inferior mortals to all these fine foods.

Kudos to this particular guy and others (but particularly this guy) who's bounded for friggin' Yale for the free food:

Hobart the Great~~~

Furthermore, as the old saying goes, the more the merrier no? This was definitely the case with my nights out to town.



Seriously, you guys rocked my socks off and made life here in Intec so much bearable on a day-to-day basis.



Whoever said that JPA scholars were incapable of partying hard, you people are sorely mistaken. Hur hur.

Just ask the nearby clubs of the Intec college kids and the crazy antics they get up to.


With all the rambunctiously good times in Intec aside, I have to admit that there was more to Spring Sem than just endless waves of unfinished assignments and exams.

Spring Semester was, for lack of better words, a journey of self-discovery and personal growth for me. As cliche as it might sound, I somewhat discovered traits I never knew I possessed amidst the chaos of Spring Sem.


Despite all the lack of free time to finish up assignments, I still found myself participating and trying out new things that I never thought I could do.

For instance, who knew I'd ended up in a leadership camp ala National Service style.


Safe to say, my inner Macguyver was unleashed and we macguyver-ed up a friggin' raft to escape from prison in style (which was so totally cooler than that of in Prison Break)



I also found myself singing and dancing to the tunes of Iyaz and N'sync in our very own talent show (in a so totally not William Hung way).


Producing and choreographing a Peter Pan performance for the class parades during the American Indulgence Fiesta .


Directing (in a so totally James Cameron way) a video-shoot for our engineering class.

Kicking zombie ass and taking names during Halloween Night (Bill from L4D would be so proud of me, god rest his poor soul).


The wonderful costumes worn by the others also made the night a memorable experience.




And who could forget literally grabbing life by the balls during Dodgeball. Balls were grabbed and balls were hurled. Also;


Balls. Were. Bruised. XD



Other highlights of my sheer awesomeness which manifested itself in Spring Sem were pretty self-explanatory:

I hereby endorse the prison system we practice here in Malaysia~~

Alleycats is all the rage here....
Speaking of cats....

College, like that of ritzy Hollywood, also had its fair shares of scandals, controversies and scandals.

Hur hur...

HUR HUR HUR.....

And I am proud to declare that, after 4 months of drifting between heaven and hell; which are two sides of the same coin to this semester, I have survived the ordeal that is Spring Semester!

1 comment:

Cass said...

Looks like you and William are having a great time there. William in that Superman costume was something really weird and interesting for me to see (and you as well). XD